Who doesn’t love a muffin, fresh-baked out of the oven? These delicious cheese and chive muffins are quick to whip up and can be served as a snack any time of the day – or add a side salad and some chopped vegetables to make an easy, light lunch!
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried chives, or fresh and diced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Optional: 150g chopped ham
- Pre-heat oven and line a 12-cup muffin tray with muffin cases
- Combine all ingredients and stir until the mixture is thick
- Spoon into muffin trays and bake for approximately 45 minutes at 180C.
Top Chef Tip
These muffins can be stored frozen for up to three months – perfect for keeping as a snack for those moments where it’s difficult to figure out what to have for breakfast or morning tea!