This creamy, delicious twist on an old favourite is the perfect dish to serve up if someone in the family might be feeling a little under the weather – or simply when you feel like a comforting, yet easy, dish.
Makes 1 big pot of soup
- 1kg chicken breast
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 250g frozen or fresh vegetables, diced
- 1 x tin creamed corn
- 1 x tin cream of chicken soup
- 1 x tin cream of mushroom soup
- 250ml full cream or light milk
- 200ml light sour cream
- 5 packets two-minute noodles, crushed or as is
- Dice and cook the onion until clear and golden. Add crushed garlic along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dice the chicken breast to small, bite–size pieces and brown off in a frying pan.
- Combine the vegetables with canned soups and corn in large pot with the onion.
- Add the milk and two-minute noodles. Simmer for a few minutes until the soup thickens slightly and the noodles are cooked, then combine with the chicken before serving.
Top Chef Tip
Always allow meat and eggs to continue cooking on their own to ensure everything is cooked thoroughly.