Actually this is almost a miracle recipe for those with food allergies and intolerances… it is grain, gluten, sugar AND dairy free! But we assure you it is not taste free!
- 3 ripe bananas (approximately 330 grams)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- Juice of 1 orange
- 3/4 cup sifted coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda (baking soda)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and line a 20cm x 20cm square cake tin.
- Place the orange juice, dried fruit and nuts into a saucepan, bring to the boil, cover and turn off the heat.
- Place the bananas into your blender or food processor and puree. Sift in the coconut flour and add the mixed spice, salt and vanilla, mix until combined. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the teaspoon of bicarb into the dried fruit mixture and combine. Add the dried fruit and nut mixture to the banana mixture and stir until the fruit is evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture into your prepared tin. Level the top. Bake for 40 minutes, cover with foil and bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before flipping onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool prior to cutting. Enjoy!