An easy way to get in extra vegetables.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, diced
2 zucchinis, chopped into small cubes
500g frozen peas
1L salt-reduced vegetable stock
¼ tsp white pepper
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
125g fresh ricotta
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan.
- Cook onion until softened. Add zucchini and frozen peas and cook until peas defrost.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Stock should be covering peas, add a little extra water if necessary.
- Once boiling, add pepper and nutmeg. Reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes. Add chopped mint and cook for another five minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and stir through ricotta. Using a stick blender, process the soup until smooth.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Good nutrition is essential for the health and wellbeing of young children. We are proud to partner with NAQ Nutrition, the Qld Division of Nutrition Australia, by producing recipes that are healthy, delicious and aligned with the Australian Dietary Guidelines.