For all of the wonderful families who are starting with us at Concord, this post is designed to be a guide to help answer your questions. If there is something specific that we don’t address below please call us on (02) 9743 5552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we need from you before your child can start:
- Entire Child Profile completed online
- Birth Certificate, Immunisation ACIR and EZI Debit form provided
- If you are unable to upload these documents please bring them with you on your first day and we will scan for you
What to bring with you:
- A spare change of clothes
- If your child has formula please put it in meal portion dividers and label with their name and bring along with bottles
- For older children wearing pull-ups please provide if required (we provide all wipes and nappies but these may not be suitable for older children)
What we have for your child:
- A Greenwood hat – that will stay at the centre
- A Greenwood backpack – Parents who have attended a preview session will have received a Greenwood backpack, t-shirt and drink bottle. If you haven’t got yours yet you will receive it when you sign in on your first day! These are not designed to be a uniform, but as a little gift to say ‘welcome’, we are so glad you are part of our community!
- All linen provided – for cots and stretchers, these will be washed on site in our laundry fitted out with professional grade appliances
- All food provided – Greenwood children have 5 meal opportunities during the course of a day from 7am – 6pm. Learn about our approach to Nutrition and view a sample of our 4 week rotating menu
- A great curriculum! Learn more about our programs and our Pre-Kinder program
Who to look out for on your first day:
- Maggie and Karishma – Centre Leaders and Nominated Supervisors
What to expect when you arrive each morning:
- Upon entry to our Mepunga Street foyer you will be greeted by our Centre Leaders who will help you to register your access details for your child at our sign in kiosk. This will allow you to mark their attendance and will require you to enter your mobile phone number as provided and a unique PIN
- Please note, a child may only be dropped off and picked up by the approved people as you have specified in your Child’s Profile
- An additional level of security will be in place from mid next week in the form of a swipe card system to gain access through the first set of doors into the Centre. Each family will be provided with one swipe card as part of your enrolment. Additional or lost cards cost $10.
What you can do to help your child prepare for their first day:
- Talk to them about it! Discuss who will be dropping them off, who will be picking them up and what they might be doing throughout the day
- Read them the storybook we’ve written to help introduce children to Greenwood, ‘Gracie Goes to Greenwood’
- Call us on 1300 9 GREEN (1300 947 336) if you would like to arrange a short visit to the Centre
Greenwood Concord is located at 63 Mepunga Street, Concord West. Please enter through our secure main entry on Mepunga Street. Please note you will not be able to enter via Nirranda Street. The Centre is open from 7am – 6pm, Monday to Friday.
To make an enrolment enquiry please fill out this simple form and one of our helpful team will be in contact with you soon. To enrol your child please complete our enrol now form. For more details about how to enrol at Greenwood, you can read further information here. We’re also available to answer any questions on 1300 9 GREEN (1300 947 336).
We look forward to welcoming you at Concord soon!