Enjoy all-inclusive child care and a spacious outdoor environment in Katoomba!
Our highly qualified and nurturing educators are passionate about igniting your child’s potential at our modern child care and early learning centre. We’re conveniently located for families in Katoomba, Leura, Wentworth Falls and Medlow Bath.
Children love to engage in play-based learning experiences in our spacious outdoor areas. They have so much fun feeding our centre chickens and tending to our vegetable garden that they don’t even realise they’re developing and growing!
We offer an interest-based curriculum guided by the Australian Government’s Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) for children from birth to six years. Our preschool program is taught by a qualified early childhood teacher and focuses on literacy and numeracy to prepare your child for school and life beyond.
We understand how busy life can be for modern families, so we offer an all-inclusive childcare and early education experience. From nappies to nutritious meals prepared daily by our chef in our open-plan kitchen, everything is included in the daily fee. We even provide a range of engaging extracurricular activities, including yoga and the GrowFit sports program.
Contact us today
Address: 2 Dora Street, Katoomba, NSW 2780
New enrolments: 1800 413 921
Phone: 02 4782 4997
Centre hours: Monday to Friday, 7am-6.30pm
Why you’ll love Greenwood Katoomba
|Onsite Parking||Learning Technology|
|Daily Updates||Nappies, Wipes & Bedding|
|Extra Curricular||Healthy Meals|
- Our team of experienced and passionate educators support your child’s development by encouraging them to explore their interests through play.
- We offer comprehensive learning experiences based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and a preschool program taught by a qualified early childhood teacher to prepare your child socially and academically for school.
- Our modern facilities feature large outdoor play environments with a jumping pillow, cubby houses, sandpits, chickens and a vegetable garden.
- We provide a range of natural and tech-based early learning resources, including open-ended wooden toys and smart TVs.
- Fresh and nutritious meals and snacks are created daily by our in-house chef.
- Nappies and wipes are included for your convenience.
- On-site parking is available for easy pick-ups and drop-offs.
- You’ll receive daily photos and updates through our app that will allow you to stay connected with your child and keep track of their learning.
- We offer extracurricular activities to enhance your child’s development, including yoga and the GrowFit sports program.
- We offer extended hours from 7am to 6.30pm.
- We proudly provide flexible hours (9-hour, 10-hour or full-day sessions) to allow families to make the most out of their Child Care Subsidy.
Book a tour to see where the extraordinary happens every day. We look forward to meeting you and sharing this exciting journey with your family.
Getting to Greenwood Katoomba
Meet the Centre Manager – Amanda O’Neill
I’ve been working in early education since 2008. I hold a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care and I’m working towards a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Care 0-8 years).
I’m passionate about supporting educator development and providing safe and educational play spaces that allow children to learn and grow.
At Greenwood Katoomba, we understand that leaving your child each day is the hardest thing a parent can do. That’s why we employ only the most dedicated and passionate educators to educate and care for your child.
We look forward to welcoming you to our centre and showing you everything we have to offer.
Rooms and Facilities
Greenwood Katoomba provides early education and care for children from nursery age through to preschool. Each room has been designed and set up to provide the best early learning experience for your little one.
Nursery room (0 – 2 years)
Our Nursery room provides:
- A safe and secure environment that feels like a home away from home
- Highly qualified and nurturing educators who care deeply about children’s wellbeing and growth
- Activities designed to enhance physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading
- Opportunities for children to explore literacy and numeracy through real-life experiences
Early Learners room (2 – 3 years)
Our Early Learners room offers:
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are designed to support sensory-motor and cognitive development
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play
- The development of language skills through reading and open-ended questions
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to explore basic literacy and numeracy concepts
Preschool room (3 – 4 years)
Our Preschool room offers:
- An environment that builds a healthy physical and mental wellbeing
- Boundless opportunities for outdoor teaching and play
- Bachelor-qualified educators who nurture social skills and emotional development
- Safe opportunities for risky play and extracurricular activities
- Active sport programs
Pre-Kinder room (4 – 5 years)
Our Pre-Kinder room provides:
- Interest-based learning that places children at the helm of their early education experience
- Play-based opportunities to enhance social skills and emotional development
- A focus on science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) delivered in a fun and age-appropriate environment · A transition-to-school program with a comprehensive curriculum focused on acquiring literacy, numeracy and social skills
Ignite your child’s potential today. Book a tour and see for yourself why Greenwood Katoomba is a cut above the rest
See where extraordinary happens at Greenwood Katoomba