Greenwood Notting Hill featured on Channel 7’s Sunrise! Check out what leading child psychologist Dr Michael Carr-Gregg had to say about our programs:
Brand new child care in Notting Hill
Our Notting Hill team is passionate about creating moments that matter for your child at our early education centre. We’re proud to have a highly skilled Centre Manager who holds a Bachelor of Primary Education and has years of experience as a primary school teacher and an early childhood educator in a child care setting.
Located down the road from Monash University, Clayton Campus and nearby neighbouring suburbs Mount Waverley, Glen Waverley and Clayton, our Notting Hill centre is a brand-new, purpose-built facility featuring two large outdoor play areas – including one on the rooftop.
Our team includes bilingual educators who speak Hindi and Mandarin. The team creates engaging learning experiences based on the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) to help prepare children for school and life beyond. We also provide the latest technology to teach children the fundamentals of literacy, numeracy and problem-solving, including SMART Board Interactive Whiteboards, Touch Learning Tables and Bee-Bots.
We understand that families don’t always have time for extracurricular activities, so we’ve organised them for you. Music Box focuses on music, dance and rhythm for all age groups, while Science Lab gives children the opportunity to participate in interactive science experiments. And let’s not forget our sporting activities for children of all ages.
Contact us today
Address: 16 Ferntree Place, Notting Hill VIC 3168
New enrolments: 1800 413 921
Direct: (03) 9558 9027
Opening Hours: 6.30am – 6.30pm, Monday to Friday
Why you’ll love Greenwood Notting Hill
|Onsite Parking||Learning Technology|
|Daily updates to your phone||Nappies, Wipes & Bedding|
|Extra-curricular activities||Healthy Meals|
- Highly qualified educators who are committed to developing a strong relationship with your family to ensure your child’s learning experience is customised to their individual needs.
- A comprehensive play-based curriculum guided by the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) for children from nursery age through to kindergarten.
- State-of-the-art facilities including two large outdoor play areas, rainbow bike tracks, cubby houses, water play areas and veggie gardens.
- Fees are inclusive of nutritious meals, nappies, wipes and bedding.
- Modern early learning resources including SMART Board Interactive Whiteboards, Touch Learning Tables, Blue-Bots and Bee-Bots which teach numeracy and coding fundamentals.
- A kindergarten program taught by a qualified early childhood teacher. The curriculum prepares your child socially, emotionally and academically for primary school.
- Daily updates and photos on our app to help you keep track of your child’s learning and development.
- Specialised programs including sport, Music Box and Science Lab to build a solid foundation in learning and skill development.
- We offer extended hours for working families from 6.30am – 6.30pm.
- A sustainability program that teaches children a sense of responsibility and connection to the world around them.
Ignite your child’s potential today. Book a tour and see for yourself why Greenwood Notting Hill is a cut above the rest.
Getting to Greenwood Notting Hill
Meet the Centre Manager – Melissa Syer
I’m thrilled to join the team at Greenwood Notting Hill. Going back to the foundation of my early learning career, I completed a Bachelor of Teaching, Diploma of Children’s Service and a Postgraduate Certificate in Family Support Pre and Post Natal. The love I have for early learning has seen me work in special needs schools for two years and in 1996 I found my calling in the early learning sector which I have been working in ever since.
Having worked with all age groups I have seen every facet of early learning from being a lead educator, kinder teacher, evening coordinator and centre manager it has been an incredible journey to help families navigate the early years. As a young girl, I always knew I wanted to work in some way with children. I used to set up schools in my bedroom and pretend to teach all my very obedient teddies. There was never any doubt as I grew older that I was going to be a teacher and having worked in the sector since 1996 it still gives me great pleasure watching children learn and discover the world around them in their own unique way.
Now as a centre manager I have the opportunity to help educate other educators and support families on the journey of their child’s early learning years. We have a passionate team of educators at Notting Hill who are all about allowing children to develop skills in their own time through engaging, inspiring, challenging, supportive and fun learning programs. Many of our educators are bi-lingual and bring forth a variety of qualifications and experience to the team.
We take pride in developing positive relationships with children and their families and fostering a strong sense of belonging. We’re always happy to listen, chat and offer advice (or even tissues and a cup of tea). Our team is looking forward to embarking on this wonderful journey with your family.
Rooms and Facilities
Greenwood Notting Hill provides early education and care for children from nursery age through to kindergarten. Each room has been designed and set up to provide the best early learning experience for your little one.
Our Nursery rooms provide:
- A safe and secure environment that feels like a home away from home.
- Highly qualified and nurturing educators who care deeply about children’s wellbeing and growth.
- Activities designed to enhance physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading.
- An open-door policy for families that allows them to drop in for a visit, a feed or a play at any time of the day.
Our Toddler rooms offer:
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are designed to support sensory-motor and cognitive development.
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play.
- The development of language skills through reading and open-ended questions
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to explore basic literacy and numeracy concepts.
Our Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten rooms provide:
- A school-readiness program with a strong curriculum focused on acquiring literacy, numeracy and social skills.
- Interest-based learning that places children at the helm of their early education experience.
- Play-based opportunities to enhance social skills and emotional development.
- A transition-to-school program.
Book a tour to see where the extraordinary happens every day. We look forward to meeting you and sharing this exciting journey with your family.