See where the extraordinary happens every day at Greenwood Penrith
Our brand-new, purpose-built child care and early learning centre is ideally located for families in Penrith, Kingswood, Cambridge Park, Werrington Downs and South Penrith. Set in the beautifully restored Thornton Hall, our centre is alive with history and culture.
Children enjoy play-based learning experiences in our expansive and natural outdoor areas that include rainbow bike tracks, cubby houses, slides, sandpits, a climbing wall, a water play area, a dry creek bed, a play bridge and a veggie garden. There’s so much fun to be had!
Our team of qualified and nurturing educators are at the heart of our centre. They’re passionate about igniting a lifelong love of learning in every child who walks through our doors by encouraging them to explore their interests and abilities.
We understand how busy life can be for modern families, so we offer an all-inclusive child care and early education experience. From nappies to nutritious meals prepared daily by our in-house chef, everything is included in the daily fee. We even provide engaging extracurricular activities to enhance your child’s development, including yoga and the GrowFit sports program.
Contact us today
Why you’ll love Greenwood Penrith
|Onsite Parking||Learning Technology|
|Daily Updates||Nappies, Wipes & Bedding|
|Extra Curricular||Healthy Meals|
- Our experienced and caring educators provide first-rate child care and early education for children from birth to six years.
- We offer a comprehensive curriculum guided by the national Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and a preschool program taught by a Bachelor-qualified early childhood teacher to prepare your child socially and academically for school.
- Our brand-new, purpose-built facilities include age-appropriate play spaces, a dedicated room for activities such as yoga, a sensory processing room with sensory activities and tactile experiences, and the latest early learning resources and technology.
- Our spacious outdoor environments encourage exploration and learning through play. They include rainbow bike tracks, cubby houses, slides, sandpits, a climbing wall, a water play area, a dry creek bed, a play bridge and a veggie garden.
- Nutritious meals and snacks are created daily by our in-house chef.
- Our centre is fully air-conditioned and has on-site parking.
- Nappies and wipes are included for your convenience.
- You’ll receive daily photos and updates through our app that will allow you to stay connected with your child and keep track of their learning.
- We also put together a personal development portfolio for each child where we record their achievements and daily experiences.
- Extracurricular activities including yoga and the GrowFit sports program are provided to build a solid foundation in learning and skill development.
- We offer extended hours from 6.30am to 6.30pm.
- We proudly provide flexible hours (9-hour, 10-hour or full-day sessions) to allow families to make the most out of their Child Care Subsidy.
Book a tour today to see how we create moments that matter at Greenwood Penrith. We look forward to meeting you and sharing this exciting journey with your family.
Getting to Greenwood Penrith
Meet the Centre Manager – Melissah Leigh
Hi, my name is Melissah Leigh and I am the Centre Manager at Greenwood Penrith.
I have been working in the Early Childhood Education Industry for 27 years in which I continue to gain knowledge and skills. I have completed my Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care and my Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care.
I have had the opportunity to hold various roles in the Early Childhood Industry from Room Assistant, Lead Educator, Assistant Centre Manager and Centre Manager. One of the things I enjoy the most about my role as a Centre Manager is being in the position to lead a team, mentoring and inspiring others during their early childhood journey. I am passionate about building respectful relationships with the community, bringing people together and offering guidance and support when needed to not only parents of our service but those in our wider community.
From an early age, I developed a passion for early years education. I would dream of being able to give children the love and encouragement they needed to build confidence as they entered different stages of their early years, helping them to take risks and develop as individuals.
I believe that all children have the right to an education, to learn and to be cared for in a safe, healthy, nurturing, fun and respectful environment, by educators who draw on their in-depth knowledge of each child.
It is important to encourage all children to explore their environment and communicate with others and that children receive individualised attention as well as small and large group times. This is achieved by role modelling appropriate behaviours, illustrating respect, concern and consideration for others in through, word and action.
I take pride in being the Centre Manager at Greenwood Penrith as we pride ourselves in providing infants, toddlers and young children with positive learning experiences by way of planning and facilitating meaningful experiences based on our in-depth knowledge of each child, as well as children’s interests.
Here at Greenwood, we demonstrate a knowledge of and appreciation for a variety of cultures. Our vision is to provide the highest quality care and education by encouraging our children and teams to be confident individuals.
I am looking forward to meeting you and your family and introducing you to our passionate educators while touring out beautiful environment.
Rooms and Facilities
Each room has been designed and set up to provide the best early learning experience for your little one.
Nursery room (0 – 2 years)
Our Nursery room provides:
- A safe and secure environment that feels like a home away from home
- Highly qualified and nurturing educators who care deeply about children’s wellbeing and growth
- Activities designed to enhance physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading
- Opportunities for children to explore literacy and numeracy through real-life experiences
Early Learners room (2 – 3 years)
Our Early Learners room offers:
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are designed to support sensory-motor and cognitive development
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play
- The development of language skills through reading and open-ended questions
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to explore basic literacy and numeracy concepts
Preschool rooms (3 – 5 years)
Our Preschool rooms provide:
- An environment that builds a healthy physical and mental wellbeing
- A school-readiness program with a comprehensive curriculum focused on acquiring literacy, numeracy and social skills
- Interest-based learning that places children at the helm of their early education experience
- Play-based opportunities to enhance social skills and emotional development
- Enhanced self-awareness and respect for others
Ignite your child’s potential today. Book a tour and see for yourself why Greenwood Penrith is a cut above the rest.
See where extraordinary happens at Greenwood Penrith