See where the extraordinary happens at Greenwood at Greenwood Penrith
Our long day care and early learning centre offers child care in Penrith in the beautifully restored Thornton Hall that is ideally located for families living or commuting through Penrith, Kingswood, Cambridge Park, Werrington Downs and South Penrith.
We understand how busy life can be for modern families, so we offer an all-inclusive child care and early education experience. From nappies to nutritious meals prepared daily by our in-house chef, everything is included in the daily fee. We even provide engaging specialised activities to enhance your child’s development, including yoga and sports program.
Contact us today
Why you’ll love Greenwood Penrith
|Onsite Parking||Learning Technology|
|Daily Updates||Nappies, Wipes & Bed Linen|
|Specialised programs||Healthy Meals|
- Our experienced and caring educators provide first-rate child care and early education for children from birth to six years.
- A comprehensive play-based curriculum guided by the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) for children from nursery through to preschool.
- Our spacious outdoor environments encourage exploration and learning through play. They include rainbow bike tracks, cubby houses, slides, sandpits, a climbing wall, a water play area, a dry creek bed, a play bridge and a veggie garden.
- Nutritious meals and snacks are created daily by our in-house chef.
- Nappies and wipes are included for your convenience.
- A preschool program taught by a qualified Early childhood teacher. The curriculum will assist to prepare your child socially and emotionally for their transition to primary school.
- Daily photos and updates are provided on our app so you never miss a moment of your child’s learning and development.
- We proudly provide flexible hours (9-hour, 10-hour or full-day sessions) to allow families to make the most out of their Child Care Subsidy.
- Regular educational children’s shows and welcome special guests visit the centre to extend on the children’s learning.
- We celebrate regular in-house festivities for cultural events and special occasions.
- Specialised programs including yoga and sports program are provided to build a solid foundation in learning and skill development.
Getting to Greenwood Penrith
Meet the Centre Manager – Melissah Leigh
I have been working in the Early Childhood Education Industry for 27 years in which I continue to gain knowledge and skills. I have completed my Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care and my Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care.
I have had the opportunity to hold various roles in the Early Childhood Industry from Room Assistant, Lead Educator, Assistant Centre Manager and Centre Manager. One of the things I enjoy the most about my role as a Centre Manager is being in the position to lead a team, mentoring and inspiring others during their early childhood journey. I am passionate about building respectful relationships with the community, bringing people together and offering guidance and support when needed to not only parents of our service but those in our wider community.
From an early age, I developed a passion for early years education. I would dream of being able to give children the love and encouragement they needed to build confidence as they entered different stages of their early years, helping them to take risks and develop as individuals.
I believe that all children have the right to an education, to learn and to be cared for in a safe, healthy, nurturing, fun and respectful environment, by educators who draw on their in-depth knowledge of each child.
It is important to encourage all children to explore their environment and communicate with others and that children receive individualised attention as well as small and large group times. This is achieved by role modelling appropriate behaviours, illustrating respect, concern and consideration for others in through, word and action.
I take pride in being the Centre Manager at Greenwood Penrith as we pride ourselves in providing infants, toddlers and young children with positive learning experiences by way of planning and facilitating meaningful experiences based on our in-depth knowledge of each child, as well as children’s interests.
Here at Greenwood, we demonstrate a knowledge of and appreciation for a variety of cultures. Our vision is to provide the highest quality care and education by encouraging our children and teams to be confident individuals.
I am looking forward to meeting you and your family and introducing you to our passionate educators while touring out beautiful environment.
Rooms and Facilities
Each room has been designed and set up to provide the best early learning experience for your little one.
Nursery room (0 – 2 years)
Our Nursery room provides:
- A safe and secure environment that feels like a home away from home
- Highly qualified and nurturing educators who care deeply about children’s wellbeing and growth
- Activities designed to enhance physical and cognitive development, including tummy time, sensory play, music, singing, rhymes and reading
- Opportunities for children to explore literacy and numeracy through real-life experiences
Early Learners room (2 – 3 years)
Our Early Learners room offers:
- Play-based activities including music, movement, memory and construction games that are designed to support sensory-motor and cognitive development
- Enhanced social skills and self-confidence through group play
- The development of language skills through reading and open-ended questions
- Real-life and play-based experiences that allow children to explore basic literacy and numeracy concepts
Preschool rooms (3 – 5 years)
Our Preschool rooms provide:
- An environment that builds a healthy physical and mental wellbeing
- A preschool program with a comprehensive curriculum focused on acquiring literacy, numeracy and social skills
- Interest-based learning that places children at the helm of their early education experience
- Play-based opportunities to enhance social skills and emotional development
- Enhanced self-awareness and respect for others