If your children love getting involved in the kitchen, opt for this recipe – an easy zucchini and carrot slice that involves minimal steps yet maximum deliciousness!
Makes one slice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 x zucchinis
- 2 x carrots
- 1/3 cup flour
- Optional: 200g chopped ham
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius and line an 18cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan; add ham and onion, and cook for about ten minutes until soft.
- Whisk the eggs and the milk together in a large bowl. Grate your carrots and zucchinis, and squeeze excess moisture out of the zucchinis as necessary. Add all ingredients together and mix until combined.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Top Chef Tip
If you have older children, this slice is perfect for lunch boxes – or serve it up with a side of salad for lunch!