A simple recipe that packs in the vegetables, this mouth watering bush tomato bolognaise is perfect for lunch or dinner.
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 carrots, finely diced
2 sticks celery, finely diced
1 clove garlic, finely minced
4 mushrooms, finely diced
1 red capsicum, finely diced
500g beef mince
2 tsp ground bush tomato
1 tsp ground salt bush
1 tsp mountain pepper berry
1 tsp dried herbs
1x 400g tin diced tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
500g dried fettuccini
- Heat oil in large saucepan and add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, mushrooms and capsicum. Sauté until vegetables have softened.
- Add mince and cook until browned, breaking mince up with a spoon.
- Stir through herbs and spices.
- Add tinned tomatoes and tomato paste. Allow the bolognaise to boil before reducing heat to a simmer. Simmer sauce for 20-30 minutes.
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to packet directions.
- To serve, divide pasta among bowls and top with bolognaise sauce.
- Serve with sprinkled parmesan if desired.
Prep time: 15
Cook time: 30
If you aren’t able to purchase these herbs and spices, 2 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs can be used instead.
Good nutrition is essential for the health and wellbeing of young children. We are proud to partner with NAQ Nutrition, the Qld Division of Nutrition Australia, by producing recipes that are healthy, delicious and aligned with the Australian Dietary Guidelines.