Greenwood Rose Bay is boutique style Centre catering specifically for children aged 2-6 years, located just across the road from Rose Bay Public School on the Corner of Newcastle Street and Albemarle Avenue.
Welcome to your beautiful Centre!
The official entrance to the Centre is from Albermarle Avenue, up a few steps (or via our accessible ramp) to our foyer. Here you will also find the open plan kitchen where you will see and smell our delicious menu being prepared by our qualified chef. What’s on the menu for today? A quick glance at our blackboard will tell you exactly what your child will be enjoying. We provide five meals daily – breakfast, morning tea, a hot lunch, afternoon tea and a late snack. The kitchen is also a great place for Parents to pick up an iced tea or a snack before heading out!
Converting a Heritage Home
Greenwood Rose Bay is a conversion from a heritage property and our team of Architects were very excited to incorporate the existing period features into the designs of our rooms. Bright, airy and homely we can’t get enough of the bay windows, pressed tin ceilings and french doors! To enhance the internal spaces each room will flow out onto a deck with shade covering, providing a seamless connection to the gardens and outdoor play spaces that surround the property, allowing for indoor and outdoor learning experiences.
Early Learners (2-3 year olds)
Turn right off the central corridor and you are in the environment of the Early Learners! A large room with indivdiual learning corners, this ocean themed room is designed for 24 children with 3 experienced Educators to facilitate group and individual learning experiences as part of the Greenwood Curriculum.
With their own separate, colourful bathrooms, this is a fun and positive space to support children in the process of toilet training if required. Find out what a typical day in the Early Learners room looks like.
Preschool 1 (3-4 year olds)
An adventure like no other, this room inspires our little explorers to travel the big, wide world! Our dedicated Pre-Kinder Program is implemented throughout every day that your child attends Greenwood. Designed to address key aspects of your child’s development such as early literacy and early numeracy, our proven program will ensure that your child possesses the necessary skills to make a successful transition to Primary School.
The introduction of iPad Kiosks in our Preschool rooms also allows our Educators to extend on the children’s learning and help prepare them for the digital world.
Preschool 1 hosts 18 of our most enthusiastic learners and 2 experienced Educators will facilitate an interactive, positive learning environment to encourage your child to become a confident individual. Learn more about what a typical day in our Preschool room looks like.
Preschool 2 (4-6 year olds)
Designed to inspire your Preschooler’s imagination to take flight – our sky themed room incorporates planes, hot air balloons and colourful kites! A particular focus of this room is to prepare our senior Preschoolers to start Primary School. Key goals are to ensure that each child successfully starts school with confidence – our role is to develop the foundations for lifelong learning by helping to encourage skills and abilities which assist in effective learning. In addition we will provide a transitional learning environment to help familiarise your child with typical school routines, tasks and expectations. Click on the link to learn more about our tailored Pre-Kinder program.
Preschool 2 accommodates 17 inquisitive learners and 2 experienced Educators will facilitate an innovative learning environment with both large and small group activities. Learn more about what a typical day in our Preschool room looks like.
Outdoor Play Areas
We are thrilled to announce that Greenwood Rose Bay’s outdoor areas have been designed by the very talented Matt Woods, who along with being a winner of IDEA’s Designer of the Year Award also shares Greenwood’s passion for sustainability.
Rose Bay is a very special development as it is designed specifically for 2-6 year olds and Matt’s plan takes into account their physical capabilities whilst providing a stimulating outdoor learning environment that will flow seamlessly from our indoor spaces.
Thanks for taking the time to learn about Greenwood Rose Bay! We’ve had a wonderful response from the local community and are very excited to be welcoming so many of you to the Greenwood family! To secure your place please complete our quick, online Enrolment Enquiry form or call 1300 947 336. W
Below we’ve included a shortlist of our most frequently asked questions, if we don’t answer your particular question please don’t hesitate to give our Enrolments Team a call on the number above or email email@example.com – we look forward to speaking with you!
Frequently asked questions about Greenwood Rose Bay:
1. What are your room sizes and how many Educators in each room?
At Rose Bay there are three amazing learning rooms, beautiful outdoor play areas and an Art and Music Studio!
• Early Learners: one room with 24 children – 3 experienced Educators
• Preschool: two rooms with 20 children each – 2 experienced Educators per room
We also have an off-the-floor Centre Leader who will mentor and guide the other Educators. Additionally, Support Teachers will assist the Educators during times of high demand.
2. What do you provide?
• Full Long Day and Preschool services with a proven Pre-Kinder program
• All meals designed by a Paediatric Nutritionist and prepared fresh by our qualified Chef each day
• Specialised Sports Education and Yoga programs
• All nappies and wipes provided and assistance with toilet training
• High level security and surveillance
• Parent’s online portal for access to children portfolios and progress reports
• Dedicated technology kiosks from Apple with educational applications
• Natural playgrounds and equipment including productive garden, cubby houses and more!
3. What are your opening hours?
7am – 6pm, Monday to Friday.
We are open 52 weeks per year, excluding public holidays.
4. What meals are provided for my child?
Our menu has been designed by Sydney’s leading Paediatric Nutritionist and is cooked fresh daily by our on-site Chef! Click here to view our 4 week rotating menu.
5. Tell me more about your Curriculum and Pre-Kinder Programs!
Click here to find out more about our Curriculum. We have developed a number of supporting programs to prepare children for the coming challenges of kindergarten and school life. Our aim is to provide your child with an advanced standing in all areas of their development including numeracy and literacy, as well as social skills.
We have six tailored programs:
• G Me focuses on building emotional awareness and resilience
• G Active is our unique physical development program, including specialised sports and yoga components
• G Knowledge provides a thorough foundation for early literacy
• G Whiz is our program for early numeracy, with a focus on technology in learning
• G Talent is our art, music and movement program that encourages communication, confidence and creativity
• G Earth helps our children investigate and explore the natural world
I’m ready to take the next step – how can I enrol my child?
Our new location is already in high demand from local families! Here is a simple step-by-step guide to our enrolment process:
- Make an Enrolment Enquiry using our secure enrolment system here
- Select your preferred Centre location – we are currently taking enquiries for Brookvale, Bronte, Concord, Five Dock, Frenchs Forest, Gladesville, Katoomba, Macquarie Park and Rose Bay
- Complete some basic information about yourself and your child
- Nominate your start date – to enrol at Rose Bay please select a date for your child to start with us before Friday 5th June 2014, otherwise you will be able to join our waiting list, however we are unlikely to have places available immediately
- Select your preferred days for care – please note that Greenwood has a minimum two day enrolment requirement
- Submit your Enrolment Enquiry form – after this you will receive an email confirmation to let you know we have received your details!
- We’ll make you an offer – if your requested enrolment is available we will make you an offer via email. This email will give you the option to ‘Accept’ the place for your child as offered or ‘Decline and Change’ if you would like to change any details, for example, the number of days your child will attend
- Once you ‘Accept’ the offer you will be asked to confirm your child’s place with a payment of $340 per child – this payment is made up of a $40 non-refundable admin fee and $300 fully refundable bond. The bond will be held whilst your child is in care at Greenwood and can be refunded with four weeks notice at your request
- Done! We will send you email confirmation of your enrolment and give you access to your secure Child Profile that you can use to provide required information such as Birth Certificate and Immunisation ACIR
Got a question?
At the heart of everything Greenwood does is a passionate belief that all children deserve an early learning experience that is engaging, enriching and nurturing. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! We’re available on: 1300 947 336, or you can also make an enquiry online.